Monday, December 12, 2011

100 Up

By now you've heard about barefoot running. A few years back, while running with Native Americans in Mexico, Chris McDougall "rediscovered" that humans haven't always been running with thick soled shoes. A billion dollar industry has emerged in barefoot running shoes, which I've found interesting, but have never tried. As he did more research, McDougall has a new rediscovery, and I'm inclined to try this one to help my running (which of late has been a lack of running!)

The 100 up is a training exercise to help re-teach your muscles running form that is theoretically less damaging to heels, knees and backs. Though I've never had running injuries, my size predicts that I should. I've been giving the 100-up a try for the past weeks, with almost daily practices. It seems like just the right investment for me right now. Now if my haole feet would tolerate my trying this over at the Wilbur Cross High School track, I just might give it a try this winter...

Here's a demo video...



Anybody else try this out?

No comments:

Post a Comment